Friday, July 27, 2007

My evil twin: ACE


My evil twin, ACE, is a bit of a thug. If a debt needs to be collected, if someone has taken advantage of me, if a wrong needs to righted, ACE takes care of it. While both ACE and I loved my maternal grandfather, who, prior to our birth, owned an illegal sports book in East Chicago, it was ACE who decided to follow in the family tradition. That said, he decided not to go into business with an Italian American organization the way my grandfather did. ACE also knows how to have a good time and compared to nice bookish Adam, ACE can be a lot of fun. He is a lousy singer, but loves karaoke. He also has been known to drink too much at weddings and wakes and elsewhere. My wife, Akiko, lets him come over, but she always tells me when it is time for him to leave. She actually likes ACE and made the image above for his as yet unreleased greatest hits album. If you would like to arrange a meeting with ACE, please let me know in advance because he is a busy guy and, like Holly Golightly, is frequently traveling.