Wednesday, July 25, 2007

MY TWISTED IDEA OF FUN PART 2

Is there anything you really regret?

I think to myself: YES!

I regret that I did not study Latin. So over the next couple of years, I have decided to try and make up for that. Why Latin? Without it, I will never really be able to master Roman Law (big shock) and hence I consider it an important academic skill for me to develop. Also I want to be able to read Roman authors, especially Catullus, in the original Latin. I also consider this a significant hold in my education as a Western intellectual. I would like to learn Ancient Greek too, but I think it will have to wait for a decade or more. Latin is a dead language in as much as you can't speak it with very many people, but it lives within the languages of the West and hence studying it will provide me with further cognates for dealing with the living Romance Languages. Finally, you never know when you will have to meet the Pope.


http://adam-markus.blogspot.com/